Sunday, August 20, 2006

What to buy at VV?


Our pal preppy kiki asked what I was looking to buy at Vineyard Vines this fall...See previous post about the VV fall clothing email...I just love VV; I'm wearing one of their polo shirts right now (the cut is great and casual) as well as a d-ring belt with Nantucket signs all over it! When I look at VV stuff I always start with the ties; I don't get to wear ties as often as yesteryear but I still have way too many VV ties. I figure when I need to wear a tie it should at least be fun ones!

As I was looking at the site I also saw some great looking oxford type shirts. I do not own any yet so that may be my first experiment with their fall lineup. If you have not had a chance to get the VV boxers; buy a few then you can have some fun designs there too. One other thing that I may need to try is the whale sweaters (pictured with this post).

Vineyard Vines is a new staple in the preppy guys wardrobe and should be for all preps (men, women AND children).

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tod...
Love the blog, peek in on it daily...
Any-who I've long loved the VV boys and I hear from Shep and Ian that there will be a line for doggies in the Fall print catalog. Haven't seen anything on-line yet about it so I'm eager to get my catalog and see. I'm also patiently waiting for the "Clambake" print to come out in a woman's sash in raspberry, as i will be ALL OVER that.

~EG

Kiki the Precious Preppy said...

As for Shep and Ian, they said, "We will be touring across Texas soon, hope to meet you there." this was over the phone. These guys are so helpful; when I call I get A+++ customer service. I have been on the fence about purchasing a pink polo from them. Thank you Tod for sharing makes me feel better about buying one of their polo. Tell me from a man’s point of view. How true to size do they run? Chip wears a RL polo size med. in the classic cut polo. What size would he wear in the VV polo? The clambake raspberry sash sounds great, I look forward to seeing that.

Tod said...

My wife LOVES the sashes, she is going to get the fall leaves one soon!
Thanks for nice comments.

ps. I look forward to the dog line!!

Tod said...

Kiki: I think the polos run a little big (which is fine for me!) Your Chip will be fine in a med unless he likes form fitted (not my personal fav, however some guys luckily have the bodies for it). The best thing is the colour selection: you'll love it!

Tod said...

Also Kiki: I have another post coming soon about another brand I kept forgetting to talk about...first I need to have more coffee and watch some golf...

Anonymous said...

Hi Tod-

I love your site!!!:)

Speaking of polos
you need to check out GreenLobsterUSA. Their shirts are so cute and the quality/fit is 10 times better than vv in my opinion.

Trish

dclone said...

VV is great! The wife and I order from them all the time. Great looking clothes that wear extrememly well.