Monday, August 28, 2006

UGH!!! Where is the school bus???


8 days and counting! I really woke up this morning thinking it was Labour Day and school started tomorrow...When I realized my mistake, ouch! I think the whole day is ruined. I love my kids, however I can't take it anymore. So, now I need to find some activities to keep the kids active for the next week. My Muffy wife and I are right now looking online for some quick overnight trips. First thought is of course Cape Cod. We already did the city and museum trips last week, so now maybe a day or two on the Cape and Islands...

Am I alone? Is it as my wife says 'I'm just a guy and not meant to spend this much time with the kids' (THAT IS TRUE!!!)?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nah Nah Nah Boo Boo my kids went back last week! OK 2 of the 3 did but this girl will take what she can get!!!
Sadly next year my kids will not go back till after Labor Day and I too will be sad just like you Dear Tod.
Escape to the Cape.. Do it! Do it NOW! RIGHT NOW! Do not think about it, DO IT.. and I will sit here and be jealous. :)

Tod said...

I think a day trip to MV too..

Monogram Momma said...

NOT ALONE TOD, NOT ALONE. Pre-school starts tomorrow and I'm already in tears today because I've had it up to my eyeballs with trying to entertain the mini monograms this entire month of August. I can't believe they start so late there! "Real" school started here 2 weeks ago in the South! Hang in there and have a cocktail to take the edge off. I am right there with you my friend, I promise!

Anonymous said...

It's a guy thing - my hubby was eager to come up with some activity for yesterday afternoon when the Little Man woke from his nap - he actually joined me on a quick errand to the grocery store, just to get out of the house & not have to sit on the floor & entertain a busy toddler :) on a rainy afternoon!

Anonymous said...

do you work? i suggest throwing back a few cocktails and booking a getaway to MV ASAP darling.what about taking the wife and kids to a movie this evening? ciao and good luck, tatiana

Anonymous said...

do you work? i suggest throwing back a few cocktails and booking a getaway to MV ASAP darling.what about taking the wife and kids to a movie this evening? ciao and good luck, tatiana

Tod said...

No Tatiana, at the moment I am not working. I plan on that only being a temp.
And yes we are off to the Cape and MV in a couple days..

Anonymous said...

tod, hope you all have a wonderful time, and dont worry the kids will be back in school before you know it.
tatiana

Tod said...

From your lips to God's ears...

Anonymous said...

I don't think it's a guy thing, because most of the mom's I know get burned out as well...I think too much time with any one (or group) of people can get under your skin...