Wednesday, December 31, 2008
So have a good night...try not to get caught up in the amateur night stupidness (unless you love going to Time Square with thousands of others puking on your shoes)...
Let's hope '09 is our year...maybe a proper champagne right after midnight will start it off right...
posted by Tod
Tuesday, December 23, 2008
Monday, December 22, 2008
With the fall in oil prices, the pump price for regular gas is back to a reasonable level. Anything under the crazy level last year and this past summer is good in my mind. So, we can get our big heavy SUV's out again and play in the snow....
The old standby of the Chevy Suburban always comes to mind, however we have a friend who is in love with their Lexus ...Never owned one, does anyone else think it is good in the New England snow, ice?
posted by Tod
Thursday, December 18, 2008
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
Wednesday, December 03, 2008
Tuesday, December 02, 2008
What is wrong with people? Do we really believe in this economy there will not be another sale on those stupid electronics or bed sheets , or whatever as Christmas gets closer? I am willing to bet that the prices the week before Christmas will be cheaper!
Stop the madness!!
Did anyone go out looting, er I mean shopping that day?
Monday, December 01, 2008
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Wednesday, June 04, 2008
Happy Father's Day
Father's Day is rapidly approaching. As we get ready to spend the day with our dad, we wanted to make sure that you have something special to give to your dad. We have many great patterns for fathers to wear on the golf course, fishing, grilling at a cookout, or any other occasion where he wants to strut his stuff. Now that the weather has definitely turned for the better, it is time to Castaway!
Some great choices for him are our Stone Harbor Pants with Golf Clubs, Sunset Cisco Shorts with Martinis, or Blue Seer Cisco Shorts with Sailfish!
All the best,
Andrew & Matt
>> Castaway Clothing Home Page
Monday, June 02, 2008
Just want to get a little poll as to the favorite preppy sports...
Friday, May 23, 2008
Thursday, May 22, 2008
With Memorial Day weekend coming upon us, I know most people are gone by Thursday, I thought I'd mention one of my favourite things of the Summer: wearing my reds.
As most people know you can get "reds" from lots of places these days, J Crew; RL; even Target. I am particular to the original from Murray's on Main Street on Nantucket. They developed the Reds and still have the best (in my humble opinion). I love putting on an old pair that is broken in an has that nice washed colour.
I believe Murray's even ships to anywhere in the USA so there is no reason not to give the original a try...I'd suggest to save on shipping by just planning to stop by their store when you are on vacation. :)
I am adding a poll question to the margin in hopes of having some fun...please do not take everything so seriously and we can have all types..
What do you think?
Wednesday, May 21, 2008
So will the increase in the price of fuel slow down your plans this summer? Will more people put off driving the Suburban to Nantucket or Maine and instead just light up the BBQ in the back yard???
I think there are many people who will decide to stop extra driving and even put off Summer fun!
Somehow i don't think we'll see a Toyota Prius off road on ACK...
Tuesday, April 15, 2008
Friday, April 11, 2008
from wikiHow - The How to Manual That You Can Edit
Looking like a prep is one thing, and many tips out there are directed towards preppy girls. But here's a guide specifically on how to be a preppy guy.
- Wear brand name clothes such as Polo, J. Crew, & Brooks Brothers.
- Have a comfortable but clean look. Find classic looking belts, preferably brown or black. Make sure the belt is leather if it is a dress belt, and canvas with leather tips if it is for casual occasions.
- Wear leather moccasins or Clark's in the winter, and boat shoes or leather flip flops in the summer.
- Pick a scent and stick to it. Don't use different scents of shampoo, conditioner, body wash, aftershave, deodorant and cologne. Buy a matching set.
- Have simple hair
- Keep your lips moisturized. Chapped, cracked lips are unsightly.
- Be fresh and neat. Have clean, trimmed fingernails. Shave and comb your hair as often as you need to. Don't wear wrinkled or stained clothes.
- Do something to make yourself known even if it's just getting in with one preppy guy. That one guy could really carry you far.
- Slightly messed up hair is preppy, as is just the regualar combed back.
- Be in some kind of sport like lacrosee, rugby, or tennis. You should stay fit as possible.
- Be friendly and outgoing
- Also remember to keep your grades up, preferably 3.3 GPA at minimum and above, because preps are also known as being smart and hard working on top of their looks and lifestyle.
- Preps are known for their clothes and for having a lot of friends. Throw a party for no reason every so often.
- Walk into any 'preppy' labled store [Polo Ralph Lauren, Lacoste, Brooks Brothers, etc.] and check out the clothing. Note patterns in the style, cut, and colors. That's what you want to be wearing.
- There are people who don't like preps. Beware of haters. They'll try and prank on you or embarrass you.
- Just keep cool with people and you're all right. Sometimes preps do become friends with other social groups.
Article provided by wikiHow, a collaborative writing project to build the world's largest, highest quality how-to manual. Please edit this article and find author credits at the original wikiHow article on How to Be a Preppy Guy. All content on wikiHow can be shared under a Creative Commons license.