from wikiHow - The How to Manual That You Can Edit
Looking like a prep is one thing, and many tips out there are directed towards preppy girls. But here's a guide specifically on how to be a preppy guy.
- Wear brand name clothes such as Polo, J. Crew, & Brooks Brothers.
- Have a comfortable but clean look. Find classic looking belts, preferably brown or black. Make sure the belt is leather if it is a dress belt, and canvas with leather tips if it is for casual occasions.
- Wear leather moccasins or Clark's in the winter, and boat shoes or leather flip flops in the summer.
- Pick a scent and stick to it. Don't use different scents of shampoo, conditioner, body wash, aftershave, deodorant and cologne. Buy a matching set.
- Have simple hair
- Keep your lips moisturized. Chapped, cracked lips are unsightly.
- Be fresh and neat. Have clean, trimmed fingernails. Shave and comb your hair as often as you need to. Don't wear wrinkled or stained clothes.
- Do something to make yourself known even if it's just getting in with one preppy guy. That one guy could really carry you far.
- Slightly messed up hair is preppy, as is just the regualar combed back.
- Be in some kind of sport like lacrosee, rugby, or tennis. You should stay fit as possible.
- Be friendly and outgoing
- Also remember to keep your grades up, preferably 3.3 GPA at minimum and above, because preps are also known as being smart and hard working on top of their looks and lifestyle.
- Preps are known for their clothes and for having a lot of friends. Throw a party for no reason every so often.
- Walk into any 'preppy' labled store [Polo Ralph Lauren, Lacoste, Brooks Brothers, etc.] and check out the clothing. Note patterns in the style, cut, and colors. That's what you want to be wearing.
- There are people who don't like preps. Beware of haters. They'll try and prank on you or embarrass you.
- Just keep cool with people and you're all right. Sometimes preps do become friends with other social groups.
Article provided by wikiHow, a collaborative writing project to build the world's largest, highest quality how-to manual. Please edit this article and find author credits at the original wikiHow article on How to Be a Preppy Guy. All content on wikiHow can be shared under a Creative Commons license.