Sunday, September 17, 2006

Busy and sick

So I headed to the Buffett concert on Thursday (I already had a cold) and then the Party and after party really wrecked my Friday. Of course I rallied and had a good day, however Saturday was a bust. Here I am Sunday morning couching my butt off and trying to choke down some coffee...Normally I would pass on going out if I felt a big cold coming on; but if anyone has ever gone to a Jimmy Buffett concert you know you try never to miss one if you can; luckily none of my children were born when I had tickets...

So, it looks like a football watching day. Time to stoke up the NFL Ticket and lay on the couch. It's kind of a waste, the weather looks great outside; maybe I can catch part of the 1pm games and take the dog for a walk...Don't get me wrong; on a good fall day I love to gather a few buds with too many beers and some hot wings and watch our favorite teams...just now it's still too much like summer and I would like to get the last bit of "good" outside weather...

3 comments:

Susan Dench said...

Hi Tod, Hope you're feeling better! I am brand new to blogging, and am not sure what correct blogging etiquette is (hmmm, Emily Post hasn't covered this particular issue yet), but just wanted to let you know that since I so enjoy reading your site, I have linked to your blog from mine (http://www.themuddydog.blogspot.com). I have also mentioned your piece on men's essentials - this week, at my brother's suggestion, I am delving into men's attire! Thanks, looking forward to your journey!
Susan

Monogram Momma said...

Felling better yet, Tod? Anxiously awaiting your return, and fully expecting a phto of your preppy puppy to be emailed to me by Thurs!

Circe said...

I eat every single thing in my fridge when hungover..then order wings, pizza, and chinese food.

If it is a simple cold or illness, I still with just chinese..and lots of us. I eat my way out of feeling like Hades warmed over.

But then again..I don't gain weight so perhaps this isn't the best plan for you.