Thursday, November 16, 2006

For every season, turn, turn....

OK, so I've been pretty busy and REALLY bad keeping up posts in the last few weeks. However, I thought to myself I'm not that bad. Then I looked back on my last few posts; only on a Thursday (some may think I'm in some sort of prison that only allows access to computers on Thursdays) what's up with that? I really have no idea; I don't think I'm really that much more busy than anyone else or myself at most points in my life. OH WELL...anywho I was signing on this am and this BLOGGER BETA pop ups came in front of me. I have no idea what the beta is. Does anyone? I know a few of my favorite blogs now have some sort of sign on to get to it; I have to admit I have no idea what sign on and password they are looking for! Sorry LillyandLemon I have not been able to read you in a while.

So I'm soliciting help: Can anyone out there tell me if and WHY I should "upgrade" to this beta? Being conservative I hate change!

Thanks for the help; and I will really try to post on a day other than a Thursday (if I can bribe the guards :) )

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dont change to this...i lve reading your site, and I would have no idea how to read it if you opened it " to invited readers only"...I dont have a blog so I really would be lost on how to read your's if you do the beta thing. Whatever the hell that means... Tatiana

Monogram Momma said...

Yes, open to blogger beta I SWEAR you won't be sorry. Just do it over the weekend when readership is down. It will make your life SO much easier in terms of people finding their way around your blog. I was REALLY skeptical about doing this but am so thrilled I did. It does NOT mean your blog is opened to invited readers only. You have that option, but you doin't have to do that. Email me if you have any questions...monogrammomma@charter.net

Allie_in_Ga said...

That is the main reason why I switched and just started fresh! You can be invite only on either version, that is up to the blogger. I think it is much easier to use and I have more flexibility in changing things like my background and such. I also love, love the categories! They call them labels, but you can change the name to anything you want!

Anonymous said...

I too have been resisting it (for the same reason!), but I 'upgraded' today. Seems pretty much the same, except that you can publish a lot quicker, which is great.

Sean said...

Don't worry Tod, I think we are all busy this time of year! Thanks for the heads up on the VV deal! Just got my winter BB catelog and have already made up a nice christmas list...

About the beta, I'm always hesitant with Beta's for programs (as they don't always have the bugs worked out, hence why its a beta) But I've heard many good things about this beta and I'm thinking of trying it out..

Let me know how it goes for ya..

CBM said...

Tod,
I was wondering the same thing...
To upgrade or not to upgrade, that is the question!
I haven't switched to beta yet. We'll see.

Kiki the Precious Preppy said...

Tod,
First I also highly recommend the beta blogger. I haven’t figured out how to change my background from a color to an image, but I am reading on that. As for my blog, I am no longer posting on my lillyandlemons blog, but instead I am focusing on my http://lillyandlemonsfms.blogspot.com/ which everyone on the planet can see.
May I say how happy I am to see that you posted, and that work appears to be doing well for you.
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

Tod said...

It sounds like most of you think it's good to upgrade...I may tr this weekend...

Tod said...

Chloe has left a new comment on your post "For every season, turn, turn....":

Oh totally switch to beta. Much better.

Melissa C Morris said...

I'm with you Tod, I've resisted the blogger beta change-over as well. Call me old-fashioned...