Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Taste Test

I assume most of you out there remember the big move by Coke to make "new Coke". How the country rebelled and then the company came back with "Coke Classic".

Well I was on a flight the other day an took a Coke as the beverage. It tasted different, better. Then I looked at the can, from the UK and it had sugar in it...not the high fructose corn syrup in the US Coke.

It reminded me of a trip a few years back to Europe when I figured out the greatest bait and switch in US history. Coke promised to give back the original Coke, but they gave us a different one with high fructose bah, bah, bah...not even mention that the new additive may be bad for you too...

I don't drink soda often, but I really enjoyed the good ol' sugar drink...

Guess I need to go to Europe more...


posted by Tod

1 comment:

Tammy B said...

I heard that when they went from the original coke to the new coke and then to Coke Classic, it was their way of getting the last traces of cocaine out of the recipe without anyone noticing. BTW, down here is is called Co-Cola. Coke is a generic term for any carbonate beverage whether it is Coke, Diet Coke, Dr. Pepper, Pepsi, etc. So, if you ever come down South and people ask you what kind of coke do you want, you'll know the lingo.